Need help choosing

Kendo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sandkgoods.ecrater.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to figure out what camera to get. I am thinking about the Rebel XSI or the Nikon D90. This will be my first digital SLR. I am working with the canon powershot S5 IS and a very nice Canon T90 film SLR. I am ready to go digital and can't make up my mind. What would you get?

What kind of features are you looking for in the camera? Have you gone to the store and handled them to see which you like better in person? Do you know people who have cameras of either brand (there's nothing nicer than being able to borrow lenses)?

Twas me, the D-90.

Was that meant to rhyme. o_0

I would get the D90 as well. According to "experts", its image quality is on the same page as the D300 and surpasses it in low light high iso shooting. Plus it records video.

I can't vouch for this company and the validity of their tests but they have a list of about 50 cameras or so and the Nikon D90 is rated quite a bit above the more pricy D300 and only one step below a Canon 1Ds Mark II and a step above the Canon 1D Mark III. (The NIkon D80 is so far down the list you might get bored looking before you find it.)

If you can believe the chart, the D90 is a hands down winner for value and price.
http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/Camera-rankings

Myself, I'm Jekyll and Hide. I have a love hate relationship with my Nikon D80 and am thinking of replacing it with a Canon 5D Mark II. But if you already have some decent Canon lenses a new Canon body might be the best choice.

Charlie

Do NOT use that site to make your choice. Or a choice about ANY camera. Go to DPReview.com for REAL WORLD tests of these lenses, not theoretical tests.

I don't have any friends that have cameras, so no sharing. I have been to the store and held both of them and still don't know. Does the XSi shoot in RAW if needed? I am thinking that the D90 is the better of the two for me. Thank you all for your help.:thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

Back