Need help finding 3 famous photographers that share same theme

Modul3r281

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I don't mean to have this as my first post and I do plan to get more involved but right now I need some help for a photo class assignment for school.

Basically I need to write a paper about 3 different (well known/famous I guess) photographers that all share a common theme and show some examples of their work. I was wondering if anyone knows of any? If you know a link to a website showing their work and a little bio about themselves then that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

I'd suggest Robert Capa, James Nachtwey, and Gilles Peress. Googling their names should uncover a wealth of information about these photographers.

You can try 3 from the same family (all 3 of them awesome)

Edward Weston, Brett Weston, Cole Weston

http://www.edward-weston.com/

If you prefer portraiture, try:

Annie Liebovitz
Arnold Newman
Irving Penn

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it.

Well this is for a photo history class. I went over the assignment sheet again and basically I have to write about 3 different photographers and pic a photograph from each of them and mostly write about the background info on the photo and now the 3 photographs relate in style.

But the more important thing is how the the photograhers influenced each other.Thats the part that is probably gonna be most difficult. I guess that means I have to find 3 photographers that were inspired by the previous one. Anyone got any ideas?

Maybe the 3 phothgraphers from the same family?

It would be hard to imagine that the Westons did not influence each other!

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it.

Well this is for a photo history class. I went over the assignment sheet again and basically I have to write about 3 different photographers and pic a photograph from each of them and mostly write about the background info on the photo and now the 3 photographs relate in style.

But the more important thing is how the the photograhers influenced each other.Thats the part that is probably gonna be most difficult. I guess that means I have to find 3 photographers that were inspired by the previous one. Anyone got any ideas?

Maybe the 3 phothgraphers from the same family?

Just work backwards. Find a contemporary artists (Anne Leibowitz is a good choice), research her and her influences, and then pick one of them and research their influences. Viola. Profit.

Most reactions

Back