Need help finding beginner classes in Cleveland, OH

beginnerme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been searching the net for classes in my area and it seems I am doing something wrong, cause I can't find what I'm looking for.
If anyone lives in the Cleveland, OH area, please let me know where to look for some beginners' classes in basic photography. I eventually want to do wedding photography, but for now I just want to find some classes to take after work. All I have found so far are college courses that require a full commitment towards a degree.
Am I looking in the wrong places?
If anyone has any advice on where I can start towards a career in wedding photography, please, please help me.
Thank you,
Roxanne

What side of Cleveland do you live on? Lakeland Community College, in Kirtland has a very reputable photography program. Strangely enough, word on the street is that their photography facilities are better than those at the Cleveland Institute of Art. Sign up early, though because their classes fill fast.

Whoops. I missed the last part of your post. Um, you can take one class and say that you are committing to a college education. On the application, instead of checking "Taking classes for personal enrichment" just check "Degree seeking." As far as night or weekend classes, go to the library and there should be pamphlets offering "community enrichment" classes over the course of several weeks or a weekend, etc. These usually come out every season or semester. I'm not sure who they are funded through. Or are you looking for a mentor-type setting, where an experienced photographer gives lessons in his/her off-time?

Most reactions

Back