Need help finding the right camera

lbaker116

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a job that requires me to have a camera to take professional photos of cars (its a dealership). I've always had an interest in photography so I would like to get a nice camera. I'm fine getting somthing that's a little outdated as my budget is about 250. I would really like to get a dslr and would be fine with an older one as long as it works well.

Well, I'll be the first to tell you that there is no "right" camera. Haha.

Generally, any camera you can buy today will do the job just fine. You didn't specify which currency 250 is so I'm going to assume USD. For that budget, I'm going to recommend the Nikon D3300, I've seen them used on eBay with the 18-55 VR for $250-$300. It has a good image sensor and good low light ISO performance. I'm sure someone can recommend a Canon equivalent but I'm not super familiar with them.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

Yep.
Pretty much any camera, including a late model cell phone or tablet camera, will do the job.

What makes photographs better is when the photographer has enough knowledge and skill to use the camera within its capabilities and understands how important light quality and direction is to producing a quality photo.

Hopefully the dealer has a specific place, properly lit to photograph cars, at the dealership.
But I suspect the dealer is wanting photos of the exterior of the cars that are good enough, rather than consistent high quality photos.

Last edited:
WHat KmH says above: even a cellphone ought to do the job. athe Nikon D3300 and 18-55 kit zoom could be used, sure. Car photography uis MOSTLY about eliminating junky,ugly backgrounds, and getting the car to look good.

Most reactions

Back