Need help from a creative mind

iluvphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these photos last week (2 of 100s) and I really like these, but I wanna do something creative with it in Photoshop... I was thinking of making her B&W and the leaves red.... do you have any suggestion.

Please feel free to edit the photos..
272868951_f5a1681bb2.jpg

272868947_ef534e9a57.jpg

No, not bad at all! In fact, I wouldn't do much with them. Only crit I have is the awkward crop (in my opinion), but I like the pose, the sexy look, the leaves partially covering her, etc.

I best move this to our Photoshop Challenges, for that is what you primarily want, don't you, i.e. that people suggest/even do ps work to your pics?

Hmm, I'll have a look over the weekend, but in the mean time allow me to say SHE'S GORGEOUS!

As others have already mentioned, it's a very good shot. Probably my main mod would be to vignette it to emphasize the subject like this:

original.jpg

or if you want a B&W version, here's basically the same thing with extra weight given to the red channel and less weigth to the blue channel (just an idea)

original.jpg

Bart

It's very nice Bart.. I like the colored one more...could you explain how did you do it? I used vignette but it doesn't look the same as yours... not as sharp... did you use anything else other than the filter??

I also like orange leaves and b&W face... it's very unique.. yes that's what I had in mind but with more reddish leaves...

iluvphotography said:
I took these photos last week (2 of 100s) and I really like these, but I wanna do something creative with it in Photoshop... I was thinking of making her B&W and the leaves red....

I would definitely NOT turn your lovely model into a B/W while leaving the leaves in color!! It makes her look like a corpse.

DepthAfield said:
I would definitely NOT turn your lovely model into a B/W while leaving the leaves in color!! It makes her look like a corpse.

Ya you might be right it does kinda look like she is dead doesn't she?? What else can be done?

iluvphotography said:
It's very nice Bart.. I like the colored one more...could you explain how did you do it? I used vignette but it doesn't look the same as yours... not as sharp... did you use anything else other than the filter??
I didn't use the lens correction filter. A picture is worth a 1000 words, so here's the layer palette along with the dialog boxes for each layer. The "screen" layer is screen blend mode and the "multiply" layer is multiply blend mode. Note the levels sliders are not at default. Once you get it set up, experiment with the sliders and the masks on the levels layers to see how it changes the result. Also note the channel mixer sliders--red is strong and blue is weak. This makes the skin look paler in the B&W conversion.

The configuration you see in the layer palette is for the B&W version. Turn off the channel mixer layer to see the color version. Enable the channel mixer mask to see only the woman in B&W and the leaves in color (I never posted that one because, like others, I didn't like the way it looked.)

Bart

original.jpg

Thanks Bart.. This is very comprehensive. I am at work now, but I will try it when I get home and let you know if i couldn't get the same effects.

Most reactions

Back