need help in Couple pics ! , this my 1st time

MH_91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
today i just had the best news ever , when i open my facebook i got an Inbox , that some one loved my pics and they want to take pics of them ( couple pics )
i was soooooo happy and i was exited , so i accpet the offer ,

since this my 1st time , i want Help here :D lol

what can u tell me about Couple pics . and i totally Respect the personal style
u dont have to tell me ,
all i want is General rules ..
and another Q , Do i need Flash Diffuser for outdoor pics ?

you guys can see my work in TPF
or
MoeinHabibi on deviantART

Couple's pic, in short is about capturing emotions and spark of the lovebirds. Some would say not to pose them since it looses spontaneity but at same time doing formals gives you an ability to capture the in-b/n shots, which are both spontaneous and funky.
The whole point of really using flash diffuser is to spread the light by bouncing it around - what will you be bouncing it against outdoors? I recommend an umbrella or soft-box for outdoors (AND indoors).
Keep in mind few points during framing your shots - don't cut the limbs (feet, hands) off - looks ridiculously disgusting unless you'll do some HOSTEL-POST-PROCESSING.
Stick with rule of 2/3 in framing and composition. Once you'll feel comfortable with it you can brake it. Don't crop to tight while shooting, leave some room for possibility of printing 4x5 vs 4x6 (not sure what camera you got thus assuming it is 2x3 crop).
and last but not least - HAVE FUN :thumbup:;)

Couple's pic, in short is about capturing emotions and spark of the lovebirds. Some would say not to pose them since it looses spontaneity but at same time doing formals gives you an ability to capture the in-b/n shots, which are both spontaneous and funky.
The whole point of really using flash diffuser is to spread the light by bouncing it around - what will you be bouncing it against outdoors? I recommend an umbrella or soft-box for outdoors (AND indoors).
Keep in mind few points during framing your shots - don't cut the limbs (feet, hands) off - looks ridiculously disgusting unless you'll do some HOSTEL-POST-PROCESSING.
Stick with rule of 2/3 in framing and composition. Once you'll feel comfortable with it you can brake it. Don't crop to tight while shooting, leave some room for possibility of printing 4x5 vs 4x6 (not sure what camera you got thus assuming it is 2x3 crop).
and last but not least - HAVE FUN :thumbup:;)

thanks for ur comment , am using Canon 20D with lens Sigma 18-200

one more Q ,, How many Pics do you suggest me to print it ,,

lets say i took 200 of them

how many pics i shall print ( the best pics that i came out with i mean lol )

and how many i should put in Frame and u said i shall use the 4X5 or the 4x6 Frame ?

thank you for ur time :)

Are you printing them or charging them for a CD? If you print, you will need to make proofs so they can select which ones they want printed. How are you pricing all this?
Make sure you discuss wardrobe with them-no crazy striped shirts, big, distracting graphics, one in short sleeves one in a sweater etc etc. Jeans, dark shoes and blue, white or black tops usually look best IMHO. If they want to dress up, tell them to coordinate just enough to not clash. Are you giving them any outfit changes?
4x6 is standard size; I think what igsEMT was pointing out is there are different aspect ratios to different cameras. A 4x6 print is 2:3. Most cameras shoot at 4:3, so make sure you aren't cutting off limbs, shoulders, etc when it comes to printing what you shoot.
Are you buying frames? What kind of budget are you working with here? Will you be doing any editing for the couple?
One more thing I might mention, is to sketch out a contract and have them sign it. Just in case. A contract will cover you if later down the road someone decides to be a PITA. It should state how long you will shoot, a rough number of prints you expect to deliver, what your turn around time is, any editing or refunds/reshoots you might offer, etc etc.

Most reactions

Back