Need help knowing which digital camera to buy

babs7195

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wanting some insight on digital cameras. I currently shoot medium format (portrait/close-up/still life), but I'm looking to buy a digital cam for mostly portraiture (indoor and outdoor). Including a lens or two (and an off-camera strobe), I'd like to spend in the $4,000 range. I definitely want to take professional quality portraits...and don't want something that's going to have delays when shooting. Storage space and resolution are very important, as well. Does anyone out there have any favorite digital cameras that they've used that they could tell me about? Pros, cons, tips for shopping, etc. Thanks!

I would suggest the Canon 5D. No DSLR really has any shutter delay anymore. For your budget the 5D is going to be the closest to medium format film as far as resolution goes.

You are going to get as lot of camera for that kind of money. Research and handling of the cameras will be your main guides. Not like one is better then the other they are just different.

I have always been a Nikon supporter because that is all I have ever shot with. On that front consider the D200 with a nice lens. Of course the D2X is a beautiful camera. Unless you shoot for Magnum or AP it is really hard to justify the cost.

Yep, another here for Nikon.
Just a little bit of trivia: Did you know 83.7% of Canon camera owners bought their camera solely because they have ADHD and since C before N it was a quick decision. hehe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back