Need help on 2 buget friendly cameras

KPS2010

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

New member here. My wife and I recently had a new addition to the family and wanted to get a new camera that won't break the budget. We narrowed it down to 2 and possibly a 3rd Nikon L110 (not sure about the menu functions, seems hard to naviagte)

Fujifilm S1800 and the Fujifilm S2500HD

I also came across a Fujifilm S2700 only sold at Best Buy? What's the on this model? It's not even listed on Fuji's website.

Looking forward to seeing all the work and learning. Any comments or recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all

New member here. My wife and I recently had a new addition to the family and wanted to get a new camera that won't break the budget. We narrowed it down to 2 and possibly a 3rd Nikon L110 (not sure about the menu functions, seems hard to naviagte)

Fujifilm S1800 and the Fujifilm S2500HD

I also came across a Fujifilm S2700 only sold at Best Buy? What's the on this model? It's not even listed on Fuji's website.

Looking forward to seeing all the work and learning. Any comments or recommendation would be appreciated.

Thanks

I don't know anythin about those, but I'd suggest the Panasonic LX3 or Canon S90 or G10. (...and I'm an avid Nikon shooter, so that should say something about my recommendations of a Panasonic and Canon camera)

Nates thanks for the reply. Right now I would never be able to drop over $300 on a new camera. All the ones that you suggested has tons of good reviews and will def look into these when I have the funds. Right now I'm looking for something under $300

I don't know anythin about those, but I'd suggest the Panasonic LX3 or Canon S90 or G10. (...and I'm an avid Nikon shooter, so that should say something about my recommendations of a Panasonic and Canon camera)

While all those are "the photographer's" P&S type cameras, the ones the OP listed are superzooms and I would assume that is an important feature which none of them could meet.

KPS2010,

Not really the type of cameras I keep up with... but have you looked at this comparison:

'Super Zoom' Camera Group Test (Q2 2010) Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

oh btw... I am biased towards Panasonic P&S cameras... (I have a G1, LX3, TZ5) they are consistently leaders. I see in the review I linked, that this is no different.

Thanks USAYIT after reading the link you posted I'm interested in the Panasonic FZ35

Any opinions on the FZ35?

I have one. As far as ease of use, I'd say it's great. OTOH, I do think there's a learning curve involved in terms of getting optimum quality shots of difficult subjects.

To be more specific, as far as the first thing, I took it to a family memorial service just this past weekend -- a sensitive time, so no flash shooting, and came up with some nice shots (candids, even) the family seems to be already pleased with.

OTOH, I just got back from a tennis tournament where I was shooting night matches, so I guess you'd say that's comparatively low light, and
a) the images aren't as sharp as I'd like,
b) the images seem a little undersaturated (which some editing time can fix, but it depends on how much time you want to spend editing), and
c) I'm still having focus problems with fast-moving subjects -- but that could be a combination of a difficult sport to shoot because it's unpredictable, and user error. :)

I haven't tested it on landscapes yet, but there are some nice landscape and architecture shots people have done on Flickr with it. So it may be worth a Google or Flickr search to see if you see some shots of what you want to shoot, with the cameras that you're looking at.

Fujifilm sells refurbished cameras with new warrantis. I have one (510) which cost $47, as an example. It's all I can use right now due to cost constraints. It does a good job for 5.1mp.

Most reactions

Back