NEED HELP ON GETTING FIRST CAMERA

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry if this is an over used topic but I need some help.

I have found myself very interested in photography and am trying to get started. No experience at all.

I was wondering if someone on here could give me some pointers on a cheap starter camera that will be half-way decent? I think I would like a dSRL because I know nothing of how to work with film.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Go to your local camera store (Ritz/Wolfe) or even Best Buy and try out the demos, camera stores would be best because they don't have everything bolted down, you'll actually get to experience them. Don't let the sales rep pressure you into making a decision, find a camera that you like to handle, like the features, etc...

Don't listen to people who say Canon is better than Nikon is better than Pentax is better than Sony is better than etc.... These are all opinions, try every camera in the store if you want, buy one you like, if you can't afford it then leave and save your money to buy it later.

If you buy one because it's cheap, thats fine if you like what is has to offer. If you aren't extremely pleased with it and are more than 100% sure that this camera has picked you, then odds are in a month or two it will find its way to the back of the closet, only coming out on very special events (my first digital).

Happy hunting!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back