Need help on Research paper

Torus34 said:
Disposable cameras are designed to produce tolerable snap shots for those with minimal knowledge or background in photography. Average lighting conditions and simple posed shots are the assumption of the designers. I passed that stage before I entered my teens.

skieur

In the hands of the right person, they can produce wonderful images. Maybe not the kind you're likely to see in an advertisement but the kind you could see in a gallery.

My best selling art photo was shot with an old Brownie with a scratched lens.

There is also a huge body of art photography produced by the simplest of Polaroid cameras which were originally designed for the same people as the disposables.

CC:

Yup! A camera does not make a picture [in the highest sense of 'picture'] any more than a word processor makes a novel [or, for that matter, owning a Steinway(r) makes one a pianist.]

Or, perhaps from another vantage point, a 'fine' artist may sometimes eschew expensive brushes and modern pigments to make an image with pencil or charcoal.

The image thus made is not made less by the equipment employed.

Excellent point c.cloudwalker and Torus34. Too many "photographers" get caught up in the equipment and not the image. It is about the light and the image.

When I first started school, I have a bachelors in Photography, the first thing they did was take away our cameras. Know what they gave us? A pinhole camera, told us to go shoot. Equipment doesn't make the photographer, the images do. If someone won't take a disposable and shoot with it, sounds like they aren't much of a photographer. I have made some great shots with pinholes, brownies, disposables. Any camera works for me.

Oh, and film isn't going away. For just the reason that Torus34 said, those disposable cameras.

Too many "photographers" get caught up in the equipment and not the image. It is about the light and the image.

Hey, I don't mind. Less competition for people with a vision.

CSR Studio? Does that mean you are in the CSRA?

Nope, just the first letter in the three photographers names that started the business.

We could definitely use less competition.

honestly, i dont see how digital cant completely take over.. i mean.. theres so many people out there who enjoy taking pictures then developing/enlarging them themselves. and personally.. i love shooting film and having the feeling of not knowing what ur ganna get till its developed..

Most reactions

Back