Need help please - did I lose my photos?

You need to format the card in the camera from time to time. somewhat often just to be safe.

After a while, for some reason, the card becomes unreadable if you do not reformat it from time to time. That happened to me once. Luckily my other camera was able to read it and I downloaded the photos from it. I tried different computers, card readers, USB to camera, etc .. nothing worked except the 2nd camera.

You need to format the card in the camera from time to time. somewhat often just to be safe.

After a while, for some reason, the card becomes unreadable if you do not reformat it from time to time. That happened to me once. Luckily my other camera was able to read it and I downloaded the photos from it. I tried different computers, card readers, USB to camera, etc .. nothing worked except the 2nd camera.

I'll remember that in the future and will format my other cards before I leave for my trip. I'm in the middle of scanning the card with the Sony software or I would put it in my old D60 and see if that worked.

I always format the card right after putting it in the camera.
A card I take out of the camera first has all the files passed to the computer and a backup made.

In general the Recovery Programs recommend not doing anything with the card until using their software, and best is if an image of the disc can be made and use that to try and recover files.

Sometimes recovered files end up with partial file names or unknown extension, but that is not a problem with photo files from a camera.

Got all of the pics onto my pc using the Sony recover software.

THANK YOU to all for your help!!!

That's excellent news! I'm glad it worked out. Don't feel bad, I never format new cards in the camera. I also never reuse cards after they are filled. I have saved every full SD card for the last 10 years! I treat them as another back up.

That's excellent news! I'm glad it worked out. Don't feel bad, I never format new cards in the camera. I also never reuse cards after they are filled. I have saved every full SD card for the last 10 years! I treat them as another back up.

That's an interesting way of doing it. You must be highly organized if you're able to find the right SD card when needed.

I want to know how many SD cards he has ?
and how long they actually last ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back