Need help purchasing a good camera

Well, there you go!! Type 4, a camera designed for neckstrap or shoulder strap carrying! That eliminates 85% of all other cameras on the market. NEXT? Budget: 400 Pounds? 500? 600? 900? 1,200? 2,000?

Here in Ireland the market isn't as large as other areas, it can be hard to try before you buy. Off the cuff any newish nikon will take nice photos. Are you happy to go secondhand, do you prefer new? Also you say 500 pounds so that almost 700 euro. I'd suggest a nikon d5200 and if possible get with an 18-105mm. This camera has 24mp, a good autofocus system, flip out screen and is last years model so available within your budget. Add to that a tripod and you may still come in under 500.

Amazon is good place to look, but if you are happy to go secondhand www,adverts.ie has plenty of cameras and the sellars get feedback

Here in Ireland the market isn't as large as other areas, it can be hard to try before you buy. Off the cuff any newish nikon will take nice photos. Are you happy to go secondhand, do you prefer new? Also you say 500 pounds so that almost 700 euro. I'd suggest a nikon d5200 and if possible get with an 18-105mm. This camera has 24mp, a good autofocus system, flip out screen and is last years model so available within your budget. Add to that a tripod and you may still come in under 500.

Amazon is good place to look, but if you are happy to go secondhand www,adverts.ie has plenty of cameras and the sellars get feedback

Yup i dont mind going second hand so I will do plenty of searching. Nikon is also what I am aiming for :)

Just decide what your budget is, and start looking. Honestly, almost ANY Nikon DSLR (and I'm specifying Nikon only because you state it's your preference, AND it's what *I* have personal knowledge of) made in the last five years would be just fine. Many of the ones older than that as well, but I'd personally keep my search to cameras less than five years old, just because I'd figure that would give me a pretty decent camera that isn't too "long in the tooth" already. Getting the pictures you want from it will all be a matter of learning how to USE the camera once you have it. Don't expect to just throw it into auto and have it take these spectacular photos FOR you.

I also want a camera that has high pixels, so when i take a close up picture of a tree, a leaf, a flower.. ect, you can see it in great detail (HD) I have loved that feature on this Z3.

Thanks guys

IF I understand what you're saying here, be careful, because I don't think simply looking for a camera with a high MP count will get you what you want. With a higher number of pixels, you'd be able to print larger at higher resolutions (but honestly, even the older 8 mp cameras are just fine for that)--or they might also be useful because you can crop more of the image without losing as much quality.
But if what you want is good clear focus and being able to see *details* on a close-up of a leaf or a flower--it's not going to be megapixels that matter so much; you're going to want to learn about macro, either with a macro lens, a set of extension tubes, or a reversed lens technique. But first just GET the camera and don't worry too much about how many MPs it has. Then learn how to use it, THEN you tackle the idea of macros if that's something you're interested in.

Most reactions

Back