Need help reseaching photos - need pros

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by atrueoriginall, Jul 26, 2007.

1. atrueoriginall

atrueoriginall TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Problem solved. We just went back on our antipsychotic and psychotropic medications and figured it out for ourselves.

We think the answer may be.........tungsten bulbs are red shifted. Blue gels are used in front of the lights to brings the color balance back to white. So, back in the old days of color film, blue was the fix for indoor/artificial lighting. Same goes for video/motion picture lighting. Nowadays, the digital world corrects color balance. On the type of film used, Kodachrome was the best color rendition while Ektachrome could generate a BLUE cast if not perfectly exposed and development temperatures weren't held to +/- 1/2 degree. I developed and printed B/W back in the 60's, then tried color. Gave up on processing my own Ektachrome due to the blue cast.

But what would we know?

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

Aliens appear to have abducted the images from your links.

3. atrueoriginall

atrueoriginall TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know why some of those addresses weren't opening but I've remedied the problem above.

And Hertz van Rental, they just need advice.

4. Hertz van Rental

Humour is good too. No-one should ever take anything too seriously.

There is insufficient information in the images to give any indication as to date of creation. Any time after the mid 70's really. Though the 'feel' I get off them (and I can't explain exactly why I have this feeling as it is rooted in a lot of subtleties) is that they were taken after the mid 1990's.
    The blue shadows could be caused by a number of things: poor lighting, wrong colour temperature lights and/or film. Or wrong colour temp setting if it's digital. Poor scanning. Old film stock. And so on.
    I think you are on to a dead end with trying to read anything in to it.

The images of the 'ufo' in the sky (first link) is of interest. The three shots with objects in view to give scale (presumably) all have objects intruding into the 'craft' (branches, edge of building, telegraph pole). This is a classic method of hiding a support being used to hold the object up. I would treat them with a high degree of suspicion.
    Give me a week and I could produce any number of convincing ufo photos just as good.

I would also make the observation that the 'alien writing' looks rather familiar. I have seen something very like it in a film or book illustration.
    I'll think on it and see if I can remember.

5. deanimator

deanimator TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Who took the photos...and where are these people now?
    Who has the photos?
    How did they come to be available on Flickr?
    Since the quality is really quite poor, larger and better scans might be more helpful.

6. Chronicle

Chronicle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree with the previous posters.

7. Hertz van Rental

Not as much as you would like to think, is the answer.
    Ektachrome was used into the early 1990's.
    Ektachrome (and other professional colour films) came in daylight and tungsten types, balanced for the appropriate sources.
    Ektachrome (like all colour films) is susceptible to colour variations with temperature. But the blue cast was only caused by a variation one way. The other would cause a slight magenta cast. Professional labs rarely suffered with this problem.
    Blue filters were just as likely to have been put in front of the lens for colour correction.
    If you used tungsten film with daylight you would correct with a pinkish filter.
    Digital still does not correct colour balance properly - especially if you do not know what you are doing. Or if you mix tungsten illumination with daylight.
    There is still not enough information in the image to give any date but I would say - with complete confidence - that the images are of something with it's origin on Earth and probably from the 1990's...
    ... and you really do need to get out more and get a life.

I've identified the 'alien writing' and it comes from a series of illustrations from the '90's. I'll try to find some examples.
    And how curious that the 'spacecraft' has a footprint very similar to those of crop circles - but only the complex variants found in the 1990's...

(I doubt very much that aliens would travel all this way at considerable cost just so they could start a pointless argument on the Internet - unless they have a very advanced sense of humour :lmao: )

8. deanimator

deanimator TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I smell very poorly made fakes.

But what would I know?

PS...it´s very uncool to wipe completely (sorry, edit) your original post...thereby rendering the entire thread nonsensical to anyone else who may wish to contribute to this edifying discussion.

9. atrueoriginall

atrueoriginall TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I see, but ridicule, sarcasm, condescending and derogatory comments are not? I hope your professions do not have you in the midst of others.

10. deanimator

deanimator TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My questions were not answered.

You changed the original post.

Were you looking for answers, or legitimacy?