Need help saving a file .... ??

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by ottor, Feb 23, 2010.

1. ottor

ottor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Opened the photo in Lightroom 2.6 .... Hit Control E (Open and edit in Photoshop) and the picture comes up in Photoshop.... When I attempt to save the file, it gives me the option of a TIFF file.... I scroll down and although there are other file options, there is no option to save as a JPEG at all !

Help? - I want to save files in JPEG, but when they come directly from lightroom into photoshop, I can't....

tks,

r

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    When you go directly from Lightroom to Photoshop, and then hit 'save' in Photoshop, the newly edited image is automatically transferred back into LR. So just save it, then go back to LR and find it. From there, you can output it as a JPEG.

Although, I would think that you could just 'save as' from photoshop and save a JPEG as a copy.

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The image probably opened in Photoshop in the 16-bit color depth mode. JPEG is only an 8-bit color depth format. That's why JPEG was not a choice in the dropdown box.

Next time along the top of the Photoshop work space page, click on Image>Mode and see if there is a check mark by "16 Bits/Channel". If so click in front of "8 Bits/Channel" to change the bit-depth, and the JPEG option will become available.

4. SimpleFoto

SimpleFoto TPF Noob!

Here is a photoshop tutorial for you
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaZraEjL86k]YouTube - Why can't I save my file as a JPG - Adobe Photoshop Tutorial [60 Seconds][/ame]