Benthefrench

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello !

My names is Ben,

Im a beginner in the world of photography,

Im also a active member of the VW community, this is the main reason of my questions !

I take lots of pictures/video of cars during meetings, and i would like to improve them by getting a new camera and lens !

I really need a fish eyes lens, a wild angle would be nice also !

I like my buddy's Canon Rebel XTi but it look like it more that i need...

If some of you can tell me what to get (camera+lens) cause i dunno a lot in Photography.

Thx for your time and help:)

-Ben

If you want a fisheye lens, I don't think Canon makes one for their consumer level bodies that take EF-S lenses. Nikon does make one, however - the 10.5mm DX fisheye which works great on anything from a D300 on down. BTW, DSLR cameras don't currently do videos so you'd still need another camera of some sort.

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. I think we need to narrow down your choices by deciding how much you have to budget to the project. A basement level DSLR and a fishy can go past the $1500.00 mark pretty quickly. Point and Shoot cameras don't come with built in fisheye lenses and I'm not aware of and attachments that work on P&S cameras that can give you the effect. Let us know what you want to do in more detail and how much you care to spend. Then maybe we can be of more help.

Hi Ben, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. I think we need to narrow down your choices by deciding how much you have to budget to the project. A basement level DSLR and a fishy can go past the $1500.00 mark pretty quickly. Point and Shoot cameras don't come with built in fisheye lenses and I'm not aware of and attachments that work on P&S cameras that can give you the effect. Let us know what you want to do in more detail and how much you care to spend. Then maybe we can be of more help.

Hi, thx for you quick answer !

One of my friend want to sell me is brand new REBEL XT (
350d) Body for only $199 or his XTi (
400d) body for $269, so i wonder if i could just get a fish eye lens for it

Did you know any other lens that would be great for automotive shots ?

thx a lot you are helping me a lot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back