Need help with blur????

kygirl79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I took some band photos (I'm new to the whole photography thing) and on the camera they all looked awesome! Sometimes the lead singer was up front which created the other guys in the background to be a bit blurry. I shot using my 1.8 50mm lens and also switched between a zoom and kit lens. So...when I get home and download them the lead singer is very much in focus, but everyone else is too blurred...as in the depth of field. So....is there an action in photoshop or something I can do to unblur them as much as possible???

It's so aggravating b/c the photos looked so good on the camera. The photos look ok, but for a bio photo I don't want all of them to be blurred. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

So...when I get home and download them the lead singer is very much in focus, but everyone else is too blurred...

sounds like a great photo to me then! :) (no kidding here).

not sure about particular ps actions, but you could try to sharpen all but the lead singer by using a layer mask.

still, it is much harder to un-blur, than to blur, so the effect will be limited, or if you really push it, you will get lots of artifacts.

Blur is something that is almost impossible to fix, unfortunately. The best you can really do is to use a smaller aperture next time you take that kind of shot. I'm afraid you'll just have to live with it, or reshoot.

Most reactions

Back