Need Help With Color Issues

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by smoke665, Nov 22, 2017.

1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Strange??? There was also a significant difference in Windows Photos. In LR, I had raised the global slider on shadows pretty high on the image and dropped the saturation. When I went back and decreased the shadows, and moved the saturation to 0, the images match. No clue why?

2. Ysarex

Ysarex Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Windows Photos is a MS app and another known offender. MS apps do not implement correct color management. They fail to correctly process the display profile. I don't know about Chrome and whether or not it can be configured to work correctly or if it fact it does or does not. What you describe sounds like a profiling problem.

Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Up until last week, there were no issues with Chrome, Edge, or Photo. Something in the last update changed, I had the issue once before about a year ago and I can't remember now what I did to resolve it.

4. Ysarex

Ysarex Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

A new display calibration could be the source. The problem with MS Edge and Photos can't be resolved except to stop using your display calibration -- I still can't speak for Chrome. MS Edge and Photos can't be fixed; if you have the problem with those apps there is no resolution except to abandon your custom display profile. MS apps ignore the system display profile and assume output to standard sRGB making the assumption that your display is sRGB conforming.

This is a bit dated, but it's still accurate and describes what's going on: WEB BROWSER COLOR MANAGEMENT Tutorial - Test Page FireFox Safari Chrome Internet Explorer IE 10- FILES have embedded ICC profiles Photoshop ColorManagement

Joe