Need help with lenses for Nikon F4

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by cburnett565, Aug 11, 2007.

1. cburnett565

cburnett565 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi Everyone,

I have just taken an interest in shotting pictures in manual mode so I decided to buy a Nikon F4 off ebay, and need some advice on what kind of lenses to buy.

I would love to take close up pictures of my parrots and landscaping and other animals, flowers.....also.

Of course everyday use as well, for holidays and the family.

I can use the AI-S and AS lenses right? I did purchase a good book on understanding exposure and a Basic 35mm Photo Guide to help me figure out how to use a manual camera, as I have always used AF instead of MF.

Can someone help me? I hope this question isn't to far fetched.

Thanks in advance.

2. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

Yes you can use those lenses. The F4 does have auto focus, although you will have to switch it off when using AI lenses. The green dot in the viewfinder will still light up when you are in focus. Using a camera in manual mode or a manual camera is incredibly easy, or at least I should say that it is a lot easier than you may think. Everything that you would want to know about lens compatibility: http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/slr-lens.html That site also has a manual for your camera to download.

3. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit