Need help with my flash

jsoeung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a sunpak 266D Flash, and i use it with my olympus e410. It works good but, it won't flash unless its attached to the camera. I wanna have it to where i can make it flash without it attached to the camera. Please help.

-Thanks

Doesn't look like a slave flash. Unfortunately I think you are stuck with it on the camera. For off the camera lighting try one of these...

Amazon.com: Pro Digital Auto Slave Flash with Bracket Set for Canon PowerShot A480, E1, SX110, A2100, A2000, A1100, A1000, SX200, SX10, SX1, SD780, SD880, SD990, SD970, SD960, SD1200, G10, D10 Cameras: Camera & Photo

It has settings on the flash where it will go off when it sees the camera flash go off.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Doesn't look like a slave flash. Unfortunately I think you are stuck with it on the camera. For off the camera lighting try one of these...

Amazon.com: Pro Digital Auto Slave Flash with Bracket Set for Canon PowerShot A480, E1, SX110, A2100, A2000, A1100, A1000, SX200, SX10, SX1, SD780, SD880, SD990, SD970, SD960, SD1200, G10, D10 Cameras: Camera & Photo

It has settings on the flash where it will go off when it sees the camera flash go off.

Awhhh man, welll thank you very much for the help! :D

Sheesh. All you need is a receiver/transmitter; slap one on the flash and the other on the camera. Two Pocket Wizards would do this. HOWEVER, the benefit would be minimal as that flash really isn't much of anything to be honest. So better to just use that flash as a learning tool more than anything else, and save your money to invest in something a little more substantial later.

If you put this flash on anything BUT your camera, you will need a sync chord, or a wireless trigger to make it go off.

Thats the problem with the systems of cameras that dont have a robust flash lineup like Nikon (and to a lesser extent Canon) - it's not as simple as buying your flash unit and taking pictures.

Wondering if the Cactus Triggers will work on an Olympus.

It would do the trick, just make sure the hotshoe is compatible with ur camera and that the flash has a PC plug.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back