Need help with my new business

moshe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi

i just start it a new business where i do potriat shots for kids
and advice on where to develope them to get good quality right now i am using adoramapix.com its not bad at all

but what i am realy looking for
is to print Canvas Prints somethins they don toffer at all

also i am looking for a place to order nice albums like the once i got for my weeding the leather bond albums.............

any help??????

the problem with them is its not cheap

Going cheap on products you offer to sell to your customers isn't always the best way to build a new business to the point where it will be successful.

Going el-cheapo, you often get what you pay for.

the problem with them is its not cheap
The actual 'cost of good sold' should be a small portion of what you charge for it.

There are lots of places that will make canvas prints, it might be best to use a local place, to save on shipping though.

Check out Simply Canvas Gallery Wrapped Canvas Prints

You have to decide which type of photographer you want to be. Do you want to be chosen because you are "cheap" or because you are good and sell a quality service? I know people that do both, so no judgement for either. This is a market for both (no matter how much that annoys people).

I decided that if I was going to pour my heart, time, energy and money into my business; I want to be the best I can be, have the best equipment, and best product line. I'm still striving to be that, but I know I am getting there on all points :)

I'm still on the cheaper end for my fees ($75 portrait sitting fee, $30 for 8x10, weddings start at $1500), but my albums, canvases, etc. are at least 3-4 times my cost (not counting time to make the album pages). I don't even offer subpar (non-professional) products anymore. I won't cut quality to get a sell.

I hope you figure out what works for you. It is difficult to find that place that gets you bookings and money! Good luck :)

(Sorry to hijack your thread, but you really won't be able to offer many really good products such as flush mount albums if you don't charge accordingly).

Most reactions

Back