Need help with photoshop

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by spanner89, Jul 6, 2009.

1. spanner89

spanner89 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi everyone, im completely new to photoshop and want to know what are the things you edit on your photos to make them look so good? I know this sounds a bit :confused: but I dont have a clue. Also do you know of any websites that have tutorials etc?

Thanks guys and gals
    Ashley

2. Dylan-Fishman

Dylan-Fishman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What do you want to do with them? You're being very vague.

3. spanner89

spanner89 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    sorry, just want to know what things you look out for when you open your image.

Sorry it sounds very confusing, cant think of another way to put it lol

4. Dylan-Fishman

Dylan-Fishman TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    upping the contrast, saturation, and colors? Cloning out things?

Here's some tutorials

Adobe Photoshop Tutorials - Tutorialized

EDIT: unless you ask something specific I can't personally help you. I don't know what kind of photography you shoot or what you like in a photo...

5. biancarose

biancarose TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would first shoot in RAW and then if you dont really know what you are doing, when you upload your photos, play with the sliders. Ever since I started shooting in RAW, I dont do as much in photoshop any more.

There are tons of really good tutorials online that you can lookup by simply doing a photoshop tutorial search.

6. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    What kind of images?

I look at different things in a portrait compared to what I look at in a landscape. I'll look for noise in a scene I shot at high ISO but don't worry to much about that if I made the image in ample light. In summary, it depends, sorry.

The absolute best Photoshop tutorials are at www.photoshopuser.com the home of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) but you have to pay to be a member. Otherwise there are bunches of others on the web, you just have to use one of the search engines......

It will take some time and practice but soon you'll have a better understanding of what you want in your images and how to make that happen either in the camera or in Photoshop. :thumbup:

7. graphicnatured

graphicnatured TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You can do a lot shooting in RAW, that's for sure. First, try to get your exposure right in camera, then in the raw setting you can adjust saturation, fill light, sharpness, etc..

If you haven't shot in RAW, one thing to get to know quickly would be the Curves and Level features. You can add a lot of punch to your images here, but I would definitely recommend RAW.

The truth is, if you're really passionate and want to learn, there's so much information out there at your disposal. I have a blog that I will be updating with tutorials every week. You can visit it here Home and it will always be free of charge. If you ever have a specific question about anything let me know.

8. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sounds like you really need to play around with photoshop a bit. Check out the sliders, poke around menus. See what stuff does to an image. Tutorials are useful, but poking around and figuring things out yourself are useful two. Two things you really should be comfortable with are layers and masking. Go look those up and learn how to apply them. ;)