Need help with RAW to JPG conversion

chris35rt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope i'm posting in the right place for help. I just started trying a few photos in RAW mode on my D80 but once i get them into photoshop how in the world do I convert them to JPG? Can it be done in PSE?

Chris

Yes, PSE should be able to do it. I assume you have a recent version.

Make sure you have the most recent ACR (Adobe Raw Converter) plug-in version. Check the Adobe Photoshop site for the proper file, it will also have instructions where in your computer to install it. You'll need to restart PS.

Then you should be able to just click on the file, and it should open in ACR, which is a related but separate application. Make your changes to the file, and then save it as a JPG.

Also do you still have the programs that came with the camera. There should be a RAW converter in the program as well.

Yes, PSE should be able to do it. I assume you have a recent version.

Make sure you have the most recent ACR (Adobe Raw Converter) plug-in version. Check the Adobe Photoshop site for the proper file, it will also have instructions where in your computer to install it. You'll need to restart PS.

Then you should be able to just click on the file, and it should open in ACR, which is a related but separate application. Make your changes to the file, and then save it as a JPG.

Thanks I DL'ed the ACR plug-in and that's what I needed...

-------------

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back