Need help with setting up Photo Studio

zapman29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I was a little ahead of myself. I have been taking photos for year 3 years ago went to a DSLR loves bought lens and external flashes. Now invested in a somewhat inexpensive studio kit. SP3700. It has just most of what you nedd, I have two 150watt flash/strobes lamps and additional slave flah and two soft boxes umbrella.

I dont really know how to use the equimpment. I mean can you send me some sites or advice on how I should set up adn actually work with this equipment. I mainly will be doing family like portraits. I done even know how I set up my canon 40d to sync with the flash unit. I could use any help. I appreciate any help and advice.

There are a number of ways to sync your canon, most notably via a wireless sync system or wired. Take a look at your flashes or your power pack (if you have one). Most will have a terminal that you need to plug in a sync cord to the flash, then run that cord to your 40D. If you'll take a look at your 40D, on the left side, open up the flaps and you'll see a PC sync terminal that's generally used for triggering flashes.

I use Pocket Wizards for remotely triggering my flashes though.

Without knowing more about your specs (e.g. Guide numbers, power increase/decrease knobs, modifiers) it'll be a bit hard to help you out. This might help you get started in the right direction, if you do know the guide numbers of your studio kit.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132035

If you're located in Austin, TX area, I'll be glad to come by and show you how to use your stuff! :)

Hey thanks, for the quick comment
I do connect my camera via the pc outlet. I am just using the basic modes and it flashes somtiimes before the camera takes the pic. Hey I would have you check it our I am actually from San Antonio but currently working and living in Spain right now. Its hard being overseas in the states you can pull out the phone book and get the info you need. But not speaking the language its rough... Thanks for your help

Most reactions

Back