Need help with taking pictures of the moon

MrFab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi
I have a Reflector Telescope and a Nikon D40 DSLR camera. From what I have read on this site and others is in order to take pictures of the star clusters or even the moon. I must remove the lens from my camera and the eyepiece from my telescope, mount a t-ring and t-mount on the camera and insert the barrell into where the eyepice goes in the telescope. I did this I am unable to focas the telescope to get a clear picture.

Any sugestions whould deeply be apreciated.:confused:

Without actually being able to fiddle with it myself, I can't really help you. I also expect that VERY few people on this site will be able to even offer advice in this matter.

I would suggest taking your question to the Bad Astronomy / Universe Today (BAUT) forums, where they have a specific section on "Astronomical Observing, Equipment, and Accessories" as well as a basic "Astrophotography" forum.

You need to set the telescope for prime focus in the optical tube. What type of reflector do you have? Im betting it is a Newtonian, in which case you need to move the primary mirror forward to get it to the prime focus. Or you can use a 50mm lens in the camera and, set it to infinity and, insert an eyepiece in the focuser. You put the camera to the eyepiece or very close and, use the focuser till it is sharp. This method is shooting afocally. I shot this afocally years ago.
2651060_SoaXc-L.jpg

Hand holding is only ever good for the sun and, the moon. And it is still an exercise in major patience.

Most reactions

Back