Need help..............

agirl316

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just finished school and have my photography degree. How do I get started? I would appreciate any advice... :lol:

They don't actually teach you what to do when you get into the real world of photography.

I saw practice...and whether or not you know what type of photography you want to do, talk to photographers...network..and if you do know what you want, research..practice, talk to those photographers.

That's what I've bene doing. However, I'm living in a city where there isnt a huge market for photographers. The ones that are here have bene for a while, they're well know mastrers of their field. it feels good to have relationships with them :)

your right I am the one with the degree which is how I know they dont tell you what to do when you get out. I was just looking for some advice from some of you....sorry I asked...

:lol:

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to belittle your question or make you feel like you shouldn't have asked it. That wasn't my intention. But most of us here are enthusiasts, not professionals, so I don't know if anyone will really be able to help you. But I hope that someone can. Good luck!

Edit - one thing people might need to know before they can help you is what exactly are you looking to do? Do you want to be a gallery artist? Or a magazine photographer, or weddings, or ???? It will make a big difference, I would think.

If you ever find out let me know. I wouldn't mind pawning off some of my good shots when they come far and few between.

Also are their any pro forums that we could reference to shed some light in here.

you first need to decide in what field you want to work. you then need to have a professional portfolio that caters to that field. if you want to get into business for yourself, i highly suggest taking a few business classes.

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what do you like? pj? your own business? stock? what...?

Agirl,
What type of work interests you? Photojournalism, stock, fashion etc.
Depending on what you like the answer can change. Always keep shooting and building a portfolio in your area. Will be happy to give you some ideas - send me a message.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back