Need Honest Feedback

Try a different time of day. and face away from the sun. I shoot in Arizona so I know what its like dealing with bright light, light is softer in the morning and late in the day.

Also, most blurred photos are achieved by the properties of the lens. Post Processed blur, if not done right can really destroy your pictures. focus on getting the good shot before you dive into trying to post process it. If the shot isn't good no amount of PP is going to hide that fact. I am guessing Picnik online is not the most comprehensive photo editor.

I just LOVE pictures that tell stories....especially emotional ones like your first pic. I can imagine her as a new mother who is overwhelmed. It is moving. I think the babys whole body needs to be in focus then the rest blurred. Great job....I would just re-edit the pic. I. Like the lighting on the first one. The second would have been much more effective if u were down at the childs eye level at a different angle so u could still see her going down a long sidewalk but the pic would b from the childs perspective. Then it would then also make a good black and white pic

Thanks for the feedbak on the first photo.

I didn't even think about the angle for the second picture and black and white may be alot better since it's way overexposed

I suspect you didn't intend this but I found the first one EXTREMELY disturbing the way you had originally presented it. Like I REALLY didn't like the imagery and found it kind of upsetting.

Which, really, is kinda fantastic.

I suspect you didn't intend this but I found the first one EXTREMELY disturbing the way you had originally presented it. Like I REALLY didn't like the imagery and found it kind of upsetting.

Which, really, is kinda fantastic.

I knew what look I wanted to go for. I wanted the photo to represent post partum depression, single motherhood and all the woes of taking care of an infant.

^^^ well, that was totally what I got, so really nicely done. Don't let folks here talk you out of what you did. :)

Most reactions

Back