Need ideas for a project

sbonnot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am doing a project for my highschool photo class using my canon xti camera. the project is that i have to make other people guess the word that i have chose out of a hat through my photography. the word i picked was DANGEROUS. My photos have to express this word: it can either be a series or individual pictures. also i wanted some of the pictures to have humor in them. ANY THOUGHTS?

I am doing a project for my highschool photo class using my canon xti camera. the project is that i have to make other people guess the word that i have chose out of a hat through my photography. the word i picked was DANGEROUS. My photos have to express this word: it can either be a series or individual pictures. also i wanted some of the pictures to have humor in them. ANY THOUGHTS?

This is one part of photography that you can't just go and ask people for help with, and you either have it or you don't.

Creativity.

Creativity is the only thing that keeps your pictures from being just like any other photographer's. I'm sure there are plenty of ways to express danger, just look around. It doesn't have to be complex. It could be an everyday object (a roadsign came to my mind). Just look around, it'll surprise you where you'll find inspiration.

One of my photography instructors in college years ago gave an assignment that might fit the bill. It wasn't a word, but an object. He passed out a different object to each person and we had to do a 15 to 20 shot portfolio with that object as the main focus. He handed me a single chicken egg. It was a real challange and turned out to be a lot of fun. How many dangers could something like an egg be put in?

Just look around yourself :) heres a hint though 'electricity' ;)

I just merged the two threads, there need not be two identical questions spread across the forum.
Welcome, sbonnot.
I hope you will share your "dangenous" photos with us once you have taken them!

Where do you live? The city, the country, in a suburban environment? There's different things I might be able to suggest in each environment.

Btw, I disagree with some of the others. Just because someone says "Cliff" to you doesn't mean it is the end of your creativity. There's a million ways to shoot something.

A sharp knife was first in my mind.
Electricity is a good one.
I was thinking about shooting eggs yesterday. It'd be dangerous for an egg to be under a car tire.

I would balance a large butchers knife on the nose(of cource it would be done through photoshop as photographers value their eyes.)

The first things that came to my mind were signs. Many signs are designed to convey a message without being dependant on words.

The first things that came to my mind were signs. Many signs are designed to convey a message without being dependant on words.

LOL. yeah. my idea is that you take a picture of a sign that says "dangerous"... how 'bout that for creativity.

edit: ahhh. well now that i got that out of my system, time for some actual help and honesty (wow, honesty). the first thing i think of to communicate the word danger is driving on a elevated+curved road with no guardrails. maybe a shot with the camera resting on the ground framing the bottom part of your car+wheel next to a cliff. or get a friend to drive near it (slowly obviously) and use a slow shutterspeed (since the camera will be held still with the ground) in order to show motion on the wheel, making the car look like it is speeding close to the edge. u dont need a real cliff to do this either.

Most reactions

Back