NEED LENS ADVICE ASAP!!!

Im looking to buy a "NIKON ZOOM NIKKOR 80-200MM 1:4.5" for my Nikon d3000 ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS LENS? NEED A RESPONSE ASAP!

Wow, thats an old lens if its the one I found info on (MF Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm Lenses Part 1/4). Keep in mind it won't have image stabilization nor built-in focus motor...you'll be on your own for focusing w/the D3000.

You also won't get light metering information on a d3000... you'll have to use "M" mode and you'll have to guess at your shutter/aperture.

On the upside, it's a very high quality lens.

It would have been faster to just Google, or use the search function. People don't seem to understand this

When I was 11 ('62-'63), the totality of TV channel choices (only from 7 am to Midnight) were ABC, CBS and NBC, all telephones still had rotary dials, and the first personal computers were still 10 years away. :lmao:

Carrying your school books in a backpack was only for wusses, and not even the girls would do that.

I had to walk to school, and both ways were uphill. ;)

how-do-they-work.jpg

It seems like kids in today's day and age expecially if he has a DSLR he would know about google and not post something twice just before jumping in the shower then going to the store... But he is still very young he still has alot to learn from the school of hard knocks.

I wish I was 11 again. Seems that you can get away with alot more these days as I could when i was 11. I would love for people to use my age to give me a carte blanche.

I wish I was 11 again. Seems that you can get away with alot more these days as I could when i was 11. I would love for people to use my age to give me a carte blanche.

I'm with you on that one it seems like kids these days get away with just about anything and everything and when I was that age if i did one thing wrong I was worried what my punishment was until after I got my punishment...

When I was 11 ('62-'63), the totality of TV channel choices (only from 7 am to Midnight) were ABC, CBS and NBC, all telephones still had rotary dials, and the first personal computers were still 10 years away. :lmao:

Carrying your school books in a backpack was only for wusses, and not even the girls would do that.

That's nothing.

I had to work two jobs before school to pay for lunch. :lol:

That's nothing.

I had to work two jobs before school to pay for lunch. :lol:

I wish I had it as easy as you guys. I had to get up, wake the roosters, feed the chickens, milk the cows, walk uphill both ways, ford three rivers each way and kill my lunch on the way to school. You guys must have lived in town.

You had it lucky. We had to get up an hour before we went to bed, work 10 hours, crawl to school , crawl home, work 12 hours before a dinner of cold water and gravel, then dad would beat us to sleep singing Glory hallelujah.

Ok so the original fist post does need some expansion on the question in order for people to be able to give the most applicable help to the original poster - I'll fully admit to that fact.

However I can't believe the open hostility that has resulted from that post - seriously its making me question if what we have here is a forum where people can come to ask questions in a safe, photographic environment or if there is some unwritten code of questions that must not be asked least the user be hounded off the site and shoved away to "google*"

Seriously some people need to learn to conduct themselves in a far better manner without snarkyness, insults, swear words and the like - in other words some here really need to grow up themselves.
If you see a thread you can't stand just don't bother replying - if its that offensive pm a mod or use the report function rather than start up a slagging match for no reason.

* googling by the way is only any good if you ask the right question (its not the same as a question you might as a person) and if you have the ability and understanding to sort through the results to pick out the good info. Google won't do that for you which is why many people come to forums even to ask basic questions that to more experienced people there are common, simple answers.

Most reactions

Back