need more equipment

derf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am in need of purchasing a flash arm for my Nikon d-100. I really don't know a whole lot about them, so if anybody would like to make some recomendations that would be great.

Hi Derf,

Welcome to the forum. As with all photography questions, whether apparantly simple or otherwise, a bit of background info would be handy. Why do you need a flash arm? To reduce red-eye I would guess? What kind of flash do you want/own?

It makes a difference what you're doing, because a dedicated Nikon flash arm will be expensive and is usually designed for a certain flash gun. example here

A hot-shoe coupler can be had for much less money and it will allow you to use the flash off the camera. You can then use a standard £5 aluminium flash arm which screws into the tripod mount and holds the flash 6" or so from the camera. The downside to the cheap method is that you'll have some flying curly wires and may lose some TTL flash metering and lose multi-speed synch depending on the synch lead (whether Nikon or PC socket) and coupler ("intelligent" Nikon or basic).

Hope this helps?

Rob

Most reactions

Back