Need new camera, Canon, or Pan..Lumix, which one??

opee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, new to the forum.
Have had an Olympus C-2100 for almost 10 years. It has worked great, but ready for a better camera in terms of pixels, smaller size. In college when I was a big shutter bug, I lugged around a Nikon FE with a whole bag of lenses. Now I want the convenience of a small camera that does it all. Have narrowed down to the Panasonic Lumix in 12X optical zoom, plus most accessories, or have read about the Canon SX-200 in 12X. Does anyone here have experience with either of these two cameras in terms of reliability, easy to use, etc. I typically do a lot of outdoor shooting of wildlife, as well as lots of close-up macro use. Appreciate your suggestions on these two cameras, or possibly other cameras of similar size and capabilities, cost.

PS, Surprised to see my 10 year old C-2100 is still worth money on Ebay!!

Thanks in advance
Opee

Thanks for your rec. I was leaning towards the Lumix 12X optical zoom and 10.1 MP series cameras. One question is I see the DMC-ZS1 is running about $270.00. The DMC-ZS3 is about $400+ but it talks about being able to record video in HD. I am not sure how much video I will be shooting with a small camera, and on top of that , do I need HD video clips?

With the way technology changes things are almost obsolete the day after you buy them. Would I regret not buying the ZS3, and saving a lot of $$ with the ZS1. Anbody have a ZS1 that is happy with its performance?

Thanks again in advance.
Opee in TX
(Former Nikon FE shutterbug)

Your most recent post is 2 month old, but if you didn't get a camera yet, get the ZS3. You can get it now for about $300. It also has a bigger LCD and some other important advantages.

Most reactions

Back