NeEd NeW LeNsEs..ReCoMeNdAtIoNs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kate21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok so right now i have a crap lens and i would like to buy two lenses. First of all i like to use Macro, so i want to know what lens would be best for that. Also i want a landscape lens, Possibly one that can zoom far out. I have a Canon EOS 20D so whatever lenses that yall like with this camera please let me know...Also i need some web sights that are recommended for ordering these lenses.

Thanks Guys XD

NeEd NeW LeNsEs..ReCoMeNdAtIoNs?
That's rather annoying.

What's your budget for lenses? The 'best' lenses are very expensive.

There are several good Macro lenses available. Look at the Canon EF 100mm Macro & the EF-S 60mm Macro. You could also look at a Macro lens from Sigma or Tamron.

Most people think of a landscape lens as one that has a very wide angle of view. That's not to say that you have to shoot landscapes with a short/wide lens...but that's what is common. A telephoto (long) lens can be fun to use...but the good quality ones can be really expensive.

Your camera is compatible with any Canon EF or EF-S lens. There are also a lot of lenses from companies like Sigma, Tamron, Tokina etc that will work.

If you are ordering camera gear online, I'd suggest you stick with either
B&H Photo Video | Digital Cameras, Camcorders or
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

PS: Did it take you longer to type the TiTlE oR tO tYpE tHe AcTuAl MeSsAgE?

seriously guys yall are being critical, grow up and look past your stupid irritations and wanting to attempt to bash everything you dislike. it doesnt matter what you think of the formats. just answer the question if you are up to it. I really dont give a crap that it bothers you..yall are all throwing stupid comments on every bodys posts about things that dont matter. NO ONE CARES!!!!

PS: Did it take you longer to type the TiTlE oR tO tYpE tHe AcTuAl MeSsAgE?

seriously guys yall are being critical, grow up and look past your stupid irritations and wanting to attempt to bash everything you dislike. it doesnt matter what you think of the formats. just answer the question if you are up to it. I really dont give a crap that it bothers you..yall are all throwing stupid comments on every bodys posts about things that dont matter. NO ONE CARES!!!!
Please don't take things out of hand, here. You're overreacting to just a little bit of humour -- and besides, a thread title containing capitals and especially in a format like that is annoying.

The best way to get answers - not just here, but on all forums and everywhere in general - or help from others is to be friendly or respond in the fashion that you have.

I provided some links but also just wanted to have some humor to go in with the post.

No harsh intentions

~Michael~

[/QUOTE]
Please don't take things out of hand, here. You're overreacting to just a little bit of humour -- and besides, a thread title containing capitals and especially in a format like that is annoying.

The best way to get answers - not just here, but on all forums and everywhere in general - or help from others is to be friendly or respond in the fashion that you have.[/QUOTE]

i understand humor and i understand retardation. Right now and most of the time all of you forum ppl are all about retardation. im not trying to defend the way i wrote the title bc i dont think its that good, but yall are telling me that it annoys you, it doesnt matter enough to be nagged on. there is no need for dumb comments about those things.

I didn't and am not trying to suggest anything. You simply don't have to overreact.

i understand humor and i understand retardation. Right now and most of the time all of you forum ppl are all about retardation.
What you have just said is insensitive and quite politically incorrect.

Retardation is the act of slowing down; not 'retarded' people as I'm sure you are attempting to infer, which is a very large generalisation and also very ignorant in terms of sensitivity.

aww im sorry you are offended. :(

also me overreacting came after the comments before that were overreacting.

Have to say I'm with kate21 on this thread... who cares how the title was written, it got your attention enough to post, unfortunately nothing was worth reading with the exception of the suggestions Big Mike had for lenses and iflynething posted a couple sites to browse. Although I despise B&H, I'd recommend photo4less.com, Beach Camera or Adorama.

For landscapes, check out the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, great lens for a fair price in my opinion. Unless you meant zoom far out as in something that zooms in, then look into a 70-200 f/2.8 lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back