Need opinions please :-)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by spako, Sep 6, 2008.

1. spako

spako TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi there!

I'm trying to participate in an online contest with the subject " the Link between Generations"... Now I know that the most obvious subject would be old and young people, but I tried to take a shot of snails to transport the message.. now I'm not really sure if this works, so please help me out! should I submit this shot or is it just crap? does the idea work or should I just try something more obvious and classical... is the post processing too much?

Well... I'd be really happy about any comment :)

rip me apart!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  2. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    This is a topic I wrestle with every time I enter a contest, trying to interpret the subject in a new or different way. First off, I'm afraid I don't like the treatment; it doesn't seem appropriate to the subject matter at all. Too much, too intense. As for whether or not it's meets the subject; having told me what the subject is, I can see it, but if you hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to. I think one of the secrets of good contest pictures is that they should need no explanation. You've got a good image here, but I'm not sure it isn't a bit too subtle for most contests.

3. spako

spako TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    that's about what i thought... I guess I'll just condemn the shot to my harddrive ;-)