Need Photo Proof Solution

pusa15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm an agricultural research scientist working side-by on a very personal and private project and need help being able to prove the authenticity beyond question of Photos that i click.

For now, I want to keep the photos private but in the future when my project is complete, I want to be able to prove the dates of the photos taken. Appreciate your help.

(my bad if posted under wrong section, kindly move to correct in case)

If it's digital, it will be in the EXIF data.

To what degree? Court of law proof?

Yes sir. Projects are actually approved and authenticated by department heads which is valid for patent related approvals but this project is private.

Yes sir. Projects are actually approved and authenticated by department heads which is valid for patent related approvals but this project is private.
Then I would hire a Notary or Commissioner of Oaths and have him/her witness each image you take, print out a "contact sheet" of each set, and have them notarize the sheet as being your own work.

Then I would hire a Notary or Commissioner of Oaths and have him/her witness each image you take, print out a "contact sheet" of each set, and have them notarize the sheet as being your own work.
Ok, I will check into that but I was really hoping there is some solution for my needs in this hugely advanced times of photography. Thanks

The problem is, digital data can be manipulated; ANY aspect of a digital file can be changed if someone wants to change it badly enough, and if your burden of proof is absolute, then I can't think a better way. You might get away with an independent witness (friend?), but it all depends.

Seems like a job for Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Security is very good if it is applied correctly.
Image1.jpg

2 separate passwords are required to edit any of the data (including metadata) so any information you input will be safe and it automatically adds todays date.
Image2.jpg

Of course if the system clock is tampered with then it will not be accurate.
Depends on what level of proof is required.
If the level of proof is high then you have to go with legal people.

You can set your camera's internal clock to any setting that you like. That ought to convince them.

Seems like a job for Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Security is very good if it is applied correctly.
View attachment 121351
2 separate passwords are required to edit any of the data (including metadata) so any information you input will be safe and it automatically adds todays date.
View attachment 121352
Of course if the system clock is tampered with then it will not be accurate.
Depends on what level of proof is required.
If the level of proof is high then you have to go with legal people.

Encryption and password protection at this level is trivial to brush aside.

How to Break PDF Encryption? [A-PDF.com]
Unlock PDF – Free Online PDF Password Remover
http://lifehacker.com/231955/how-to-crack-password-protected-pdfs

Joe

Tirediron has the only solution.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back