Need pictures for my website.

phobiaof

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm working on a website project that require some photos and the main problem is that there is no budget. It is a very interested website and the pictures are needed to be published only, so no commercial rights will be needed.
The photographers that would want to cooperate will get a no follow link behind each photo in exchange.

Thank you!

Sure, where do I sign up?

Take your own? Can you assure us that this website will make absolutely no money whatsoever? It's pretty difficult to pay bills with image credits, and giving away images so that someone else can make money...

You may have stumbled into a bit of a hornet's nest. The combination of (1) this being your first post, (2) you asking for work for free, and (3) the rather vague description of your project is going to set off a lot of alarm bells.

If your project is legitimate, perhaps you could share a bit more about what you're trying to accomplish. If it's a worthwhile need, you'll probably find some interest.

Otherwise, this comes off a bit like you flipping open the yellow pages (it's a metaphor -- remember the yellow pages??) to the plumbing section and cold calling plumbers asking them to fix your toilet for free in return for a sticker on the bowl. Of course, this being the Internet, the random forum post is slightly less personal than an actual cold call.

Take your own? Can you assure us that this website will make absolutely no money whatsoever? It's pretty difficult to pay bills with image credits, and giving away images so that someone else can make money...
Good question! - the website will get some earnings from google adsense. In this case is needed commercial use rights?

Thank you for your reply!

My point: You want to make money using someone else's images which you have received free of charge. Doesn't that seem just the slightest bit rude to you?

You may have stumbled into a bit of a hornet's nest. The combination of (1) this being your first post, (2) you asking for work for free, and (3) the rather vague description of your project is going to set off a lot of alarm bells.

If your project is legitimate, perhaps you could share a bit more about what you're trying to accomplish. If it's a worthwhile need, you'll probably find some interest.

Otherwise, this comes off a bit like you flipping open the yellow pages (it's a metaphor -- remember the yellow pages??) to the plumbing section and cold calling plumbers asking them to fix your toilet for free in return for a sticker on the bowl. Of course, this being the Internet, the random forum post is slightly less personal than an actual cold call.

Of course there is a legit project. Sorry if I may be suspicious. But I'm not asking work for free, I'm promoting the photographer name in the exchange for his picture.
The website name is What is a phobia? What is anxiety disorder?
The no follow link exchange that I'm offering will be exactly like in this page: www.phobiaof.com - Phobia of

Thank you for your reply too!

I'm working on a website project that require some photos and the main problem is that there is no budget. It is a very interested website and the pictures are needed to be published only, so no commercial rights will be needed.
The photographers that would want to cooperate will get a no follow link behind each photo in exchange.

You are not giving any compelling reason why people should just give you photos. The very least you could do is give a follow link to the photographers website so that the photographer might be able to get some attention and traffic for there own website.

You are just asking for FREE things, and offering NOTHING, why should anyone here get mixed up in that mess. You need to offer something, it does not need to be money but something.

BTW, this might be of some benefit:

Flickr: Creative Commons

There's an explanation on this page that does a decent job of explaining the CC Attribution license, which might be close enough for your needs.

But I'm not asking work for free, I'm promoting the photographer name in the exchange for his picture.

YES you are asking something for free. The vary least you can do is put something under each photo saying something like "To see more work by this photographer click here" and then have that link go to the photographers website, but you say you will not do links.

My point: You want to make money using someone else's images which you have received free of charge. Doesn't that seem just the slightest bit rude to you?
No, and I'm honest when I'm saying that!
Making money using someone else's images = selling the images. I'm not selling them! I don't need to be the unique publisher! I'm returning the photographer advantage by no follow link.

Maybe I'm right for most of the people, but maybe i'm not for all of them.
...my point

But I'm not asking work for free, I'm promoting the photographer name in the exchange for his picture.

YES you are asking something for free. The vary least you can do is put something under each photo saying something like "To see more work by this photographer click here" and then have that link go to the photographers website, but you say you will not do links.

In my opinion is not for free. There is a demand and a offer. Nobody should feel harmed by my post.

Most reactions

Back