need PS help.

moracca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started to open a jpg file in camera raw, and made a few changes to white balance. I didn't like how it turned out, so I canceled it. Now, every time I try to open the pic in PS again, it opens in camera raw with the settings I set before. If I open it with windows tho, it looks normal. If I open other pics in PS, they open normally (not in camera raw). How do I make PS stop opening it in camera raw??? thanks!

I don't understand.... I even made a copy of the file, and tried to open that in ps, but it still goes into camera raw. None of my other pics do that! Does opening a file in camera raw change some meta information or something?? I never even saved it after opening it that first time!

If the photo was unsaved, it is still in RAW format....with the changes you started to make.
Correct it until you like it, and then save it. It will shift to jpeg (if that is what you have selected).
Hope that helps.

The RAW converter makes a small file that hold your settings in it (might be an XMP file depending on what software you use.

The image itself is not amended at all. All that happens is when the file is loaded into the converter the saved edits (according to the xmp file) are applied. These can be amended and undone.

So you've not done any damage to your file :)

The RAW converter makes a small file that hold your settings in it (might be an XMP file depending on what software you use.

The image itself is not amended at all. All that happens is when the file is loaded into the converter the saved edits (according to the xmp file) are applied. These can be amended and undone.

So you've not done any damage to your file :)

So you're saying delete the xmp file?

Yes that should remove the changes you made.

Most reactions

Back