Need reviews for sites to buy equipment

Never heard of them. B&H is #1 though, bhphotovideo.com. Adorama (Adorama.com) comes in at second. Both reputable both located in NYC. I've purchased from both in store and would do so again and they're the most reputable online photographic equipment retailers.

+1 on B&H Photo Video. I buy the majority of my gear and supplies through them.

Adorama is reputable.

Amazon.com is reputable as long as they do the fullfillment.

I've also purchased from Buydig.com, Cameta Camera and several others.

To check out an on online retailer go to www.resellerratings.com .

I looked at a Nikon D300 there at need4digital. It didn't say if the camera had a USA warranty or not. If it doesn't and there is a problem with the camera Nikons US repair facilities won't work on the camera. You would have to send it to a repair facility outside the USA.

I also noticed an unbranded 8GB CF card was $349. B&H sell top of the line Lexar *GB CF cards for $110.

I'd be very careful.

Last edited:
BH Photo is awesome!

ipod.gif

I routinely use Amazon (although I avoid stuff through the marketplace -- I like direct Amazon fulfillment of orders). I haven't had any problems with them and they are usually less expensive than B & H. On the other hand, they know nothing about photography and are best if you know for sure what you want and don't need advice.

Do NOT buy from these fly-by-night retailers no one has ever heard of before online. This particular website has at least 4 other domains they do business under which tells me they are shady. They also do business as "fifth ave. digital" and "needfordigital".

Avoid them.

Go with Adorama first or B&H. If they don't have it, you don't need it. You won't beat their prices. You will find cheaper pricing on the internet from scam sites that will take your money and not ship you anything - or they'll ship you something you didn't order.

Beach Camera is another good one I've used in the past. They sell under another name (BuyDig) as well, but both have been reputable... could be sister companies?

Most reactions

Back