Need serious C&C on this please

RHazarika

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The raw image looked nothing special to me. I added some blur and played around with the colors, brightness etc to give a bit of mood.

hyfh.jpg

I really like this, actually. The top right-hand corner seems a bit muddy though - I think you should pull back on whatever it was that you did to it up there.

Maybe some of that negative space in the bottom quarter of the frame could be cropped out too. This would make a nice square crop, in fact.

Very moody! I like it. Though I would get rid of the sun to keep focus on the runner.

I really like this, actually. The top right-hand corner seems a bit muddy though - I think you should pull back on whatever it was that you did to it up there.

Maybe some of that negative space in the bottom quarter of the frame could be cropped out too. This would make a nice square crop, in fact.

^Exactly this. I really like this picture and think it's worth working with to find the strongest final image.

Very moody! I like it. Though I would get rid of the sun to keep focus on the runner.

I don't think I'd like it QUITE as much with the sun removed completely, but I do think it would still be a strong image, just a very different one.

JustJazzie - actually it's a street light :allteeth:. But I get your point.

I agree to get rid of the sun - in fact, I would crop it about an inch and a half above the main silhouette's head. Just have people moving to/from the lighted area.

^Exactly this. I really like this picture and think it's worth working with to find the strongest final image.

I don't think I'd like it QUITE as much with the sun removed completely, but I do think it would still be a strong image, just a very different one.
I think because it is no where near the light source that its is pretty apparent it was added in post. There is also another 'sun" above the furthest tree, left side of the road. For these reasons, I would remove it.

I think because it is no where near the light source that its is pretty apparent it was added in post. There is also another 'sun" above the furthest tree, left side of the road. For these reasons, I would remove it.

D'oh! You're right. I should really have more caffeine this morning. I did NOT see that but now I can't NOT see it.
Only one sun per image, that's my rule. :D

I don't like the random spot of in focus trees.

The yellow 'suns' are street lights, and they are real and were NOT added in pp. The bright light coming from afar is from larger halogen lights that are hidden. This is an eveining shot. :glee:

The yellow 'suns' are street lights, and they are real and were NOT added in pp. The bright light coming from afar is from larger halogen lights that are hidden. This is an eveining shot. :glee:
:hangs head in shame: you can tell I live in the mountains with no street lights on my road, can't you? It's also apparent I'm posting before morning coffee, I promised myself I would quit that. Damn e rose and her "comment on every photo with a picture" challenge. If only I could delete my post and save face, but I think it would be a much better idea to let everyone laugh at me this morning. ;-)

:hangs head in shame: you can tell I live in the mountains with no street lights on my road, can't you? It's also apparent I'm posting before morning coffee, I promised myself I would quit that. Damn e rose and her "comment on every photo with a picture" challenge. If only I could delete my post and save face, but I think it would be a much better idea to let everyone laugh at me this morning. ;-)
Well, I fell right in with you, so clearly I haven't hit the right balance of coffee in my system either.

And I DO live in an area where there are street lights, at least in some places. But man, that is one BRIGHT street light!

I would agree with the others about the crop. You don't indicate whether or not your pictures are okay to edit, so I will delete this if you want me to. Just a square crop.

hyfh.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back