Need some advice about my hot pixels.

bla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I've recently noticed a hot pixel appearing at a fixed location on pictures I take with my Nikon. :meh: This happens at all ISOs above 400 and at even the fastest shutter speeds.... :confused::confused::confused: That can't be good can it? I know that all cameras develop hot pixels over time. But I was under the impression that these only show up on high-ISO-long-exposure settings.

What would you guys suggest I do? I grow weary just thinking about using photoshop to fix all my future pictures.

Thanks in advance

Maybe what you say is true but I've never heard it before. My Canon has a hot pixel that I only see when I'm taking night photos (low ISO, long exposures). But then again, digital sensors aren't that great for night photography so I'm not planning on doing that with a digital anyway.

To be perfectly honest, one hot pixel out of several million is pretty good.

Hot pixels will always appear under certain settings, though if it appears in a scene under normal usage (at LOW ISO), and the camera is still under warranty, then you could consider sending it back. Otherwise, it's one pixel. It may be a pain, but you can deal with one pixel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back