Need some advice guys!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Fate, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Fate

Fate TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey all,

Im shooting a charity ball today and i was wondering if i could get some advice. I think im going to set up in the corner of the hall place and take portraits there. Im not getting payed for it, more of an experience thing. But i want them to come out well lol :D Im just gona use my dslr with the sb-600 flash gun and set it up on a tri-pod, do you think that'l be ok... i dont wana have to set up reflectors etc. Do you recon i should go for full-length portraits and some closer ones..... and what about exposure lol, i mean the light probaly wont be great.

Thanks in advance,

Dave!

2. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

Is there any chance you can get over to a photo store and pick up one of these?
    http://www.lumiquest.com/lq871.htm

Would do wonders for the quality of the light as it hits your subjects. It will eliminate the deep eye shadow and reduce harsh shadows behind. I would go with 2 shots each, close up and maybe 3/4 shot.

3. Fate

Fate TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks a lot for the advise :) + i have a diffuser on my gun atm...works ok.. better than nothing i guess :D

4. W.Smith

W.Smith TPF Noob!

Dave, if you can't get over to a photo store, you can D-I-Y:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNCmuExlHvM"]How To Make A Better Bounce Card[/ame] ( <&#8211; click! watch the video).
    OR point your flash at a reflector, acting as a 'softbox'.

Good luck tonight!