Need some advice on stellar/planetary photography....

im greatly upset because i forgot about the eclipse last night!!!! gah!!!!

oh well, its a full moon tonight, and ill be on a lake, so ill get some great shots! looking forward to showin em.

The eclipse is tonight.

hahahaah......yeah for some reason i thought the eclipse was friday night, but you are right it was last night. i watched it, through patchy clouds, but couldnt get my darn camera to FOCUS!!! i was greatly upset. an hour or so after the eclipse, the moon was SO SO bright....i took some pics, but it was too bright to get a good focus on it. i didnt get any good shots at all, but i did get a quite curious shot....the moon was bright enough that i caught the spectrum reflection (i think that's what it is). here, take a look and tell me what you all think

n22223150_32361188_6268.jpg

settings were: f/3.2, 8.0 secs, -2.0 exposure, ISO 80
the 8 seconds is the reason for the moving image (i didnt have a tripod), but its so bright, if it was less, it wouldnt show up. either way it wouldnt focus.

I got a few decent shots of the lunar eclipse. I took them using my Samsung NV7 with a Jessops mini tripod which i placed on the roof of my car.

SNB10505.JPG

Just a shame I couldn't get any closer to it, but that was as far as my zoon would take me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back