Need some advice/opinions

bifurcator thanks for the links, ive been living on dpreview the past few days. I've been seeing a lot of d30's and d40's on ebay for pretty decent prices but my parents like to buy big purchases like this new, if i were paying i'd be on ebay, which is where im going to buy my lense from.

I do like the upgrades the d40 has like a 3 inch lcd and the more mp with the smaller sensor and live view but the other things like the huge buffer and things like that i will never use dont make the price increase worth it.

But im goin home from school this weekend and my moms taking me to a few camera stores so i can actually hold some and try them out. I plan on tryin out the d20,30 and 40, maybe the xs if they have one, and maybe a nikon d40 or 60. I want to stick to canon though.

i plan on a zoom lense of around 50-200 if im short on money, but probably a 55-250 or maybe a 70-300 if i find some more dough :D

But in a nutshell - leaning towards Canon d30 or d40 with one of the lenses listed above

YW...

Have fun with whatever you get - that's the important thing really. ;)

You know u can pick a Nikon D70s off Adorama for $350 or $450 with the 18-70

Is that where you just bought yours? ahha
but im not a fan of buying a used body

im going this weekend to check out some different bodies, but im pretty set on the d30, just deciding on a zoom lense

Most reactions

New Topics

Back