Need some advice

let_it_be_a_photo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, my mom asked me to take portraits of my family. She asked me to make them not so "boring" (as she put it) like studios who makes us look head on and have no interest in it. This is going to be my first time, and I have hardly any ideas of what to do,or how! ahaha. I'm no professional, but my mom asked me to do this for her. Any advice, suggestions, anything would be great and wonderful :)

Go someplace fun and take the shots. Go to a playground or something its fun for everyone. Going someplace like that allows people to relax and be themselves.

Okay, my mom asked me to take portraits of my family. She asked me to make them not so "boring" (as she put it) like studios who makes us look head on and have no interest in it. This is going to be my first time, and I have hardly any ideas of what to do,or how! ahaha. I'm no professional, but my mom asked me to do this for her. Any advice, suggestions, anything would be great and wonderful :)

When I was growing up my father used to take portraits of us. We had to sit there and sit there which felt like hours and then he got the shot. By then we weren't smiling and looked bored or upset.

So I am sure you are a fun loving witty person! Just have fun with it! Interact with your family as you set up the shots. Bring out the best in them and it will show in your photos. Now the technical part I shall leave up to the experts here. :)

Thanks a lot guys :)

Unfortunately, the weather here in northern Ontario isn't that awesome, we still have snow! I also have older brothers that won't be very satisfied of me taking pictures of them, they'd be hard to get all happy-go-lucky. My little brother and sister would love to jump for a picture! That is always fun and exciting! But they all get pretty impatient soon, so I have to do these pictures quick. More suggestions would be awesome :)

Several years ago when my mom was still alive, I took photos of my family. At first I started with my brother and his two young children. We were in the living room and were laughing and all. I got some great shots of them. One was when both kids were kissing their dad on each cheek. Then somehow my brother's glasses fell off! I caught some shots during and after all of that. It was fun! Then we added my other brother and it was fun. Then my mom...

Well my dad was really sour and ruined the mood. But I did get a really good photo when I told everyone to act goofy! ha! But the kids were much better at that then the grownups. :)

I don't know what else to say. I guess first of all you need to get your older siblings interested. Perhaps get them involved somehow, like get ideas from them as to what they would like to see in a photo. Get that creativity going.

Take as many photos as you can because you won't need them all. Just pick the best out of all of them. :)

Several years ago when my mom was still alive, I took photos of my family. At first I started with my brother and his two young children. We were in the living room and were laughing and all. I got some great shots of them. One was when both kids were kissing their dad on each cheek. Then somehow my brother's glasses fell off! I caught some shots during and after all of that. It was fun! Then we added my other brother and it was fun. Then my mom...

Well my dad was really sour and ruined the mood. But I did get a really good photo when I told everyone to act goofy! ha! But the kids were much better at that then the grownups. :)

I don't know what else to say. I guess first of all you need to get your older siblings interested. Perhaps get them involved somehow, like get ideas from them as to what they would like to see in a photo. Get that creativity going.

Take as many photos as you can because you won't need them all. Just pick the best out of all of them. :)
Thanks a lot for all your advice! Your experience must have been a blast :)
I managed to get my mom to delay the family photo session a few weeks so the weather would lighten up :)

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Does your family have a favorite park or place? Maybe you could take some photos there. I love flowers and so i went to the botanical gardens. Another time i got some pictures of the kids ice skating those were neat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back