Need some advice..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have a Nikon SB700, 26" Rapid Box Octa and the Yungnuo YN622N trigger and receiver. I would like to add a new, more powerful light to my gear.

This is a hobby for me, so I don't have a studio. Most of my shooting takes place outside. I would like something that that is portable and won't be to cumbersome to carry.

I was looking at the Flashpoint 360 Streak light. Would this be a good choice? I really like the size of this light. Would I need to buy new receiver and transmitter for this light? It doesn't look like my Rapid Box would work with this light. Would any modifier for a strobe light work?

Does anyone who owns this light, like it? Pros/cons?

Is there anything else I should consider? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Tami,

I have the streetlight 360 and I love it. I bought a different mount for my light stand that has a bowens mounting system and got a Glow parapet 38" octabox to use with it. I've been really happy with that system.

I think I would be interested in a flash that can do FP Sync with Nikon, or HSS with Canon cameras, so that there would be more leeway for background brightness control, and that ability to get the shutter well above the normal flash synch limit of 1/200 to 1/250 second.

I've got one, and it's surprisingly good for what it is. The battery seems to last forever, the TTL works well and the HSS perfectly. It produces a nice light, 'though my tests show that it's probably about 20% below manufacturer's claims in terms of output when used in real-world situations (sort of like MPG claims by car makers).

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back