Need some C&C please

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo was taken last month at an event to help the needy. All CC is welcome.

Thanks,
Michael

68110001-1.jpg

Candid shots need to tell a story. The viewer should know what is going on and why the photographer is taking the shot. That is not clear here, so unfortunately the shot does not work.

skieur

Candid shots need to tell a story. The viewer should know what is going on and why the photographer is taking the shot. That is not clear here, so unfortunately the shot does not work.

skieur

I will take that and tell you what the situation of the shot was. This shot was taken during a recent missions drive to give out food here for Thanksgiving. The lines were long and the weather was cold. What captured my interest in this shot was the desperation in the subjects eyes and facial expression.

Thanks for the CC :thumbup:

Michael

ditto this...and

What captured my interest in this shot was the desperation in the subjects eyes and facial expression.

that might have worked if even ONE subject was looking at you, of if you could see any of their full expressions. This photo has feeling for YOU because you were there, but a good photo-journalistic style photo portrays that same feeling for everyone who wasn't there.

I agree with the other feedback here. There isn't a full face in the photo. The focus is also soft and I was not sure what I was supposed to be looking at until after you posted the explanation.
Maybe next time you can get a shot that shows the long lines, or some of the faces with concern and worried expressions. Good idea, though.

Most reactions

Back