Need some comments please!

hawkskater500

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my camera this week, and these are just some of my favorites of the week.

When I was shooting indoor basketball I turned the shutter speed up to try and capture some action shots, but when I turned the shutter up, the picture would become darker and darker, I tried playing with the ISO setting, but nothing seemed to work...what am I missing here?

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Thanks for all the C+C

but when I turned the shutter up, the picture would become darker and darker, I tried playing with the ISO setting, but nothing seemed to work...what am I missing here?
Open up the lense. Larger aperture, almost wide open for BB games

Would you shoot in Av setting on Indoor BB games?

I guess you could. I wouldn't, I'd use manual and find my settings a few minutes before the game.

Ok, let me make sure I am following...Open up the aperature (lower number) and a High shutter speed?

Flash? No Flash? Al servo? One shot mode?

Thanks for the replies

to answer your first question........as you turn the shutter speed up (so the shutter is open for less time) to try and freeze a shot - you are letting in less light so yes the picture will be darker. The only way to make the picture lighter again is up the ISO but then you end up with problems due to noise.

You are probably better off trying to set your apeture and shutter to get the best result before play starts (as suggest by CRaig C ) and leave it at that

Ok, let me make sure I am following...Open up the aperature (lower number) and a High shutter speed?

Flash? No Flash? Al servo? One shot mode?

Thanks for the replies
First question, Yes
Second, Yes flash. Continuous mode

Thanks for all the replies, will have to go play some more with the camera this week!

Basically, I will use Aperture priority mode and open up the aperture. And then I will adjust the ISO so that the camera will choose the min shutter speed that you want. i.e. 1/250 or any other desire speed.

Most reactions

Back