NEED some flash help guys :)

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, just wondering if you could help me out. Ive bought a flash gun and was wondering if you guys could give me a crash course in what all in info on the back means... heres 2 pics of it.

P1010568.jpg

P1010569.jpg

Just a little summary of what it all means would be GREAT! :D

thanks,

Dave

My best guess is....

Align the top slider so that the arrow points at the ISO you are shooting at. Then, manually set the aperture according to the subject distance read off the bottom scale. Set the shutter speed to 1/125th.

That'll probably work! Suck it and see!

Rob

At a stab in the dark type guess:

Telephoto, Standard, Wide 1 and Wide 2, corresponding to the length of lens you're using. Bit fishy... someone else might know!

Rob

Rob said:
At a stab in the dark type guess:

Telephoto, Standard, Wide 1 and Wide 2, corresponding to the length of lens you're using. Bit fishy... someone else might know!

Rob
Correct! :thumbup:

Line the top arrow up with the iso speed film you're using, set the bottom slider to the lens you are using the visually line up the distance with the apeture scale at the top!

e.g as it's set now,

iso 100 with a tele lens (80mm - 135mm), if your subject is 1.7m away then use f16-f22.

With the same settings, if your subject was 10 m away then use f4-f2.8

Oh and your shutter speed should be set to your cameras sync speed, which is usually 1/60 or 1/125.

And also set the flash head to the lens you're using too. It slides out with a scale behind it, correct?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back