Need some help editing a pic

beerformeplz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im trying to get the blue blur out of the eyes.

DSC_0014.jpg

This is not a derogatory comment towards the poster, but why can't people read the help manuals to programs before they start using them anymore?

If you would have read some tutorials on the tools of your photo editing software or opened the help window and read for a while, you would have been able to answer your own question.

A red eye correction tool could have even fixed this photo.

I have never had good luck with the red eye removal with pet eyes. Even if it takes out the blue/green it tends to leave the pupil lighter than it should be. I went ahead and painted the black into the center than made sure to line up the high lights. Now I don't use adobe so the red eye removal might be better there but on my corel and other programs it lacked the brain needed to get the depth.

eyesredeye.jpg

Last edited:
I have never had good luck with the red eye removal with pet eyes. Even if it takes out the blue/green it tends to leave the pupil lighter than it should be. I went ahead and painted the black into the center than made sure to line up the high lights. Now I don't use adobe so the red eye removal might be better there but on my corel and other programs it lacked the brain needed to get the depth.
Yeah, your first edit is much better. The second edit makes the dog look like a zombie.

Yeah, I just opened that image in lightroom and used it, worked fine for me. Adobe's red eye correction is pretty good. I would repost, but it would really be a waste, it looks generally the same as yours.

There are hundreds of different ways to do the same thing in photo manipulation software. My initial point was that if he had read the help guide or some tutorials explaining the tools of his software, he would have probably known how to fix that image. Using tools like what you and I did to do this, are the down-to-the-bone basics of photo manipulation software. They should be the first few things you learn while using them.

This is not a derogatory comment towards the poster, but why can't people read the help manuals to programs before they start using them anymore?

If you would have read some tutorials on the tools of your photo editing software or opened the help window and read for a while, you would have been able to answer your own question.

Sometimes its easier for people to talk to people that it is to read a manual or watch a tutorial. I know quite a few people that cant learn from tutorials and manuals but do perfectly fine with working with a person. As for the green eyes on animals I know a lot of programs dont recognize them as the same as red eye.

Sometimes its easier for people to talk to people that it is to read a manual or watch a tutorial. I know quite a few people that cant learn from tutorials and manuals but do perfectly fine with working with a person.
Yep, we're all not the same...everyone is different.

I'm sorry, but this was rude and completely unnecessary.

This is the BEGINNERS photo forum, people come here for help. Instead of trying to embarrass the original posted, either don't respond or help them learn how to do the edit on their own. The world of photo editing can be very daunting, and I don't know about you, but I would be no where without the help of others. A book or a manual is nice, but something the best way to learn is to be shown and taught directly. Is that not what this forum is here for? :grumpy:

Thanks for the help Karen..
As for the quoted reply I had to wipe my computer clean and I dont have any editing software. If you would like to point me in the direction of some free software id greatlly appreciate it, as I dont have the $$$ for Photoshop right now.

I completely agree with you, I know when I jumped from film to digital I didn't have a clue where to begin. I never did any kind of post editing for a long time. It's seems so far away these days. lol
Thats me in a nutshell, I love taken pics but im scared to death of the post editing.:lol:

If the photo doesnt look good out of the camera I would delete it and start over.

i reccomend GIMP
its a a free version of photoshop basically.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back