Need some help here

CrazyDriver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So my Canon EOS 450D got stolen 2 months ago sad day yes. I want to buy a new camera and I'm sort of short on money I think I D40 would suit me well since I mostly just upload my photos to the computer and to the internet so any advice would be great thank you.

What, no insurance? Time to add it, perhaps? ;)

You were Canon, now are looking at Nikon. In both cases low end dSLRs. Have you looked at dPreview.com and checked out the specs on any cameras that interest you? Did you have any other lenses for your Canon prior to it's theft?

The more research and homework you do, the better you arm yourself with the right info to make the right choice of camera for you. :)

Thank you for the reply but I just want to know if that would be enough for just flickr and deviant art uploading thanks.

So my Canon EOS 450D got stolen 2 months ago sad day yes. I want to buy a new camera and I'm sort of short on money I think I D40 would suit me well since I mostly just upload my photos to the computer and to the internet so any advice would be great thank you.

Are you aware that your camera is covered to a certain limit on your house or appartment insurance?

skieur

Are you aware that your camera is covered to a certain limit on your house or appartment insurance?

skieur

It got stolen off of me I got mugged and police are useless for that kind of stuff.

a $50 P&S would be "enough for just flickr and deviant art uploading thanks"...

is the D40 a good camera?...sure...i love mine.

could you expand a bit on your need?...are you simply looking to replace an entry level DSLR? or do you just want a camera that allows you to upload pictures to the interwebz?

Just looking to replace my dslr I mean I dont only want flickr and deviantart uploads but I also use it for school.

It got stolen off of me I got mugged and police are useless for that kind of stuff.

All you need is a police report to make a claim on your house insurance.

skieur

If you have other canon stuff that wasn't stolen with your camera, why not stay with Canon. I mean, I'm loathe to start the Canon/Nikon debate (as far as I am concerned the photographer is more important than the badge), but if you change brands, then any lenses you have are rendered useless. Same goes for many other accessories.

Most reactions

Back