need some help!

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a good pc, and a 17" Samsung LCD Monitor.... it's always been fine until I changed recently to a larger hard drive.. Now, when I open photos, webpages, etc everything looks great.. BUT when I open photos with my PS CS or my Nikon picture project, they look extremly Dark!! Its so hard to work on these photos with these conditions.. Any ideas??

this is what I see when i use the standard Preview
vert00097DSC_7997.jpg

And the same pic when I open it with a image editor..
vert00096CopyofDSC_7997.jpg

uggggggggggggg! help?

Thanks!

Ok that's really weird! Did you edit the second picture to make it look like it does in the image editor? I'm thinking you did coz they should look the same in a browser.

You just need to calibrate your monitor. Or make sure your image editing software is using the same colour profile as the rest of your computer is.

Meysha said:
Ok that's really weird! Did you edit the second picture to make it look like it does in the image editor? I'm thinking you did coz they should look the same in a browser.

You just need to calibrate your monitor. Or make sure your image editing software is using the same colour profile as the rest of your computer is.

I've had the same problem...if it's not calibrated correctly, it won't look the same...PS uses different...um...I dunno..different colors? I dont' know what the technical crap is, but it's different. Go to your control panel and find the adobe gamma that conk mentioned...just follow the directions it gives. It's a good idea to re-calibrate fairly often (something I'm guilty of not doing)

Most reactions

Back