Need Suggestions/Advice

Jrmdb3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I have a photography assignement due in a couple weeks.
Need to shoot a photo. The theme is Sound/Noise.
Was thinking of maybe incorporating vibrations in the picture somehow.
I have some ideas, but want to see if anyone has any good ideas!

Thanks
-JR

Movement.. that's all I got right now..:lol: Maybe machinery/auto, kids screaming, a woman jabbering a mans ear off... That's all I got:lol:. If I can think of more I'll post.

Yea, those are some good ones. I was thinking of maybe on a cold winter morning starting my car up and getting a shot of the exhaust. But that would be quite ahrd to get a good shot out of. I was also thinking of something to do with speakers, but that will be hard to make it seem like there's sound.

It's so hard!!!
Hahaha

For the speakers you could photograph a sub. Frame it up so that the overall sub (the box/housing) is in focus but then when you take the picture, the speaker part is blurred in motion...

The only other idea that I have is to try and take a picture of someone rocking out to an old boombox, one of those gigantic things that you see in 80s videos. Thats all I got for now, hope that helps!;)

Walk down a busy street and watch to see what's noisy. Go for something not obvious.

I like the idea of a very busy street full of people who are slightly blurry and one lone person standing still with with hands over their ears perfectly still.

If you want an idea of a speaker pic you can have a look at this pic which I took last year. Remember you need a slow shutter speed to capture the movement ...

Good ideas guys. Thanks!

I was also thinking maybe a lightning picture?
It just so hard, haha.

Power tools are pretty loud, and if you work with slow shutter speeds you can get some pretty cool shots. I agree with ferny about going with something not obvious.

Just about anything can make noise, right? Get creative with it. Think of ordinary objects you use everyday that make noise that you don't really notice. Like the faucet or a hairdryer. Or someone eating something crunchy.

Kk, sounds good.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll take it into consideration!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back